Apple TV+ is a relatively new streaming platform with limited content to stream. While there are some amazing TV shows on Apple TV+ as well as movies, it’s certainly not as saturated with content as services like Netflix or Prime Video. So if you’ve watched everything on Apple TV+ or just don’t want to spend money on the streaming service for some other reason, here’s how to cancel Apple TV+ subscription on iPhone. , Mac, Web, etc.
How to Cancel Apple TV+ Subscription from Any Device (2022)
Note that you get a free Apple TV+ subscription for one year when you purchase an Apple device such as an iPhone, Mac, Apple TV, etc. Canceling your subscription will not deactivate your account until your Apple TV+ plan is terminated. For example, if it’s a one-year plan, you’ll still have a whole year of streaming privileges left even if you cancel your subscription. If you use Apple TV+ on other devices like LG and Sony smart TVs, Android TVs, PlayStation, Xbox, or streaming devices like Fire TV Stick, you likely have a monthly subscription that will end at your last billing cycle. Unfortunately, you can’t pause or suspend your plan and resume it later. That said, let’s see how you can cancel your Apple TV+ subscription on different devices.
How to Cancel Apple TV+ Subscription on Web Browser
Using Apple TV+ on a web browser is useful if you’re using a Windows PC or Android phone, as there’s no official app available for those platforms. However, the experience is slightly unwelcoming, given that you can’t search for titles or buy and rent from the browser. Sounds like a valid reason to stop spending your time on Apple TV+. Here’s how to quickly cancel your Apple TV+ subscription from a web browser.
- Go to https://tv.apple.com/ on any web browser like Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or more. Log in if you aren’t already.
- Then, click the profile icon in the upper right corner and open Settings.
- Now scroll down and click on Manage under the subscription section.
- Right here, click Cancel Subscription option.
- Click Cancel Subscription again to confirm your choice in the pop-up window.
That’s all. You have successfully unsubscribed from your Apple TV+ subscription. The subscription will now continue until the last date of the billing cycle. It may be sooner or later, depending on your plan. You can check the latest date in the pop-up window when canceling the subscription.
Canceling Apple TV+ subscription on Apple TV or other Smart TV
The procedure to cancel your Apple aTv+ subscription is similar to Apple TV or other compatible smart TVs like Samsung, LG, etc. You can also buy movies on Apple TV for a minimal price while using the app on your smart TV. These films are not included in the subscription because Apple only promotes original productions. Follow the quick steps outlined below to learn how to discontinue your Apple TV+ plan on any smart TV.
- Open the Apple TV+ app on your smart TV.
- Now, navigate to the Settings icon to open Settings.
- Open the Accounts option.
- After that, select Manage Subscriptions option.
- Now itchoose the Apple TV+ subscription from the list of all active subscriptions on your Apple ID.
- The next screen will display your active plan and its expiration date. Click Cancel Subscription bottom button.
- Now, confirm cancellation on the pop-up window.
That’s all. You have now unsubscribed from your Apple TV+ subscription using your Smart TV. The steps may differ slightly depending on your TV model. However, they are not vaguely different. You may notice minor changes in the names of Account Settings options. Otherwise, the steps are the same for Apple TV and other smart TVs.
How to Cancel Apple TV+ Subscription on iPhone and iPad
Many viewers prefer to watch entertainment content on their phone for obvious reasons such as location flexibility, the ease of carrying your device, and watching your favorite sitcom from the comfort of your blanket. I can’t remember how many hours I spent watching “The Office” on my phone while lying on my bed. If you can figure it out, you were probably using the Apple TV app on your iPhone or iPad. If so, here’s how to unsubscribe from Apple TV+ subscription from your iPhone.
- Open the Apple TV app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the profile picture icon to open app settings.
- Now, click on Manage Subscriptions.
- Tap Apple TV+ under your active subscriptions.
- Now, click Cancel Subscription button at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, confirm your choice by by clicking Confirm on the pop-up window.
That’s all. You have successfully canceled your Apple TV+ subscription using your iPhone. This will stop the subscription for all devices and you will still be able to enjoy the shows until the last day of the payment cycle even if you were using the free trial period.
Canceling Apple TV+ subscription with Mac
Apple did not provide the Apple TV app for Android or Windows. However, they will not leave their operating system out of the game, duh. This means you can use the Apple TV+ subscription to watch original Apple content using the Mac app. Note that the app is available for macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur or later. You can also use this app to buy movies which are not readily available on the platform. It will be similar to buying a movie from YouTube or Google Play. If you’re sick of doing this and have decided to discontinue your Apple TV subscription, here’s how to do it using the Mac app.
- Open the Apple TV app on your mac and mouse over Account Options. Click here on the “See my account” option.
- Scroll down and click “Manage” in front of Subscriptions under the Settings option.
- The next page will show all of your active and expired subscriptions. Click Edit in front of Apple TV+.
- Now click on the unsubscribe button below the multiple plans available.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on the Confirm button on the next pop-up window.
That’s it. You have now canceled your Apple TV+ subscription from your Apple TV app on macOS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Apple TV+ be cancelled?
Yes, you can cancel your Apple TV+ subscription using Apple TV, Smart TV, Android TV, iPhone, iPad, PlayStation, Xbox and other compatible streaming devices that provide the Apple TV app. You can also cancel your subscription using a web browser by visiting tv.apple.com.
How do I cancel my Apple TV free trial?
You can use any method mentioned in the article to cancel your Apple TV+ free trial to avoid any unwanted charges.
Does my Apple TV subscription end immediately after cancellation?
No, you can enjoy your Apple TV+ subscription until the last day of the billing cycle, even after canceling it. The last date depends on whether you were using the free trial, the monthly plan or the annual plan. You can see the last day of your subscription on the Manage Subscription page before canceling your plan.
Easily cancel your Apple TV+ plan
Apple TV provides great original content in various formats like movies, TV shows, documentaries, musicals, and more. You can find lots of content in different genres like drama, comedy, suspense, etc. However, sometimes you might get overwhelmed with all the content and want to take a break. Whether you’re traveling or want to use your time productively, canceling your Apple TV subscription is sure to save you a few bucks. We’ve covered how to do it using various devices in this in-depth guide. I hope you found this article useful. If you have any questions on the subject, please comment and we will be happy to help you.