This tutorial explains how to organize the inbox by creating folders and labels in Gmail. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Keep Inbox Organized by Creating Folders and Labels in Gmail. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to keep inbox organized by creating folders and labels in Gmail
Gmail (pronounced gee-mail) is a free web-based email service that offers users a gigabyte of storage space for messages and the ability to search for specific messages. The Gmail program also automatically organizes related messages into a conversation thread, one after another. According to Larry Page, co-founder and president of Google, the company was inspired to create Gmail because a user complained about problems with existing webmail services, such as the constant need to delete messages to stay within storage limits, lack of search capability.
The two largest webmail providers, Yahoo and Microsoft, allow users to store messages in four megabytes and two megabytes, respectively. Both services charge for additional storage space. Yahoo Mail offers a search function; Microsoft’s Hotmail service does not. A well-organized inbox is one of the easiest ways to improve email productivity. Fortunately, Gmail offers several effective ways to manage your inbox, the easiest being Gmail labels (or folders).
With these folders, you can better organize your important emails and make them easily accessible. In this article, I will first walk you through how the Gmail folder system works. Next, I’ll explain how to use folders in Gmail with the web app and mobile app, including creating, nesting, and deleting your Gmail folders.
How to Create a Folder in Gmail on Desktop
- Go to the Gmail website. Log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Click the gear-shaped Settings icon in the top right of the screen, then select See all settings.
- In the Tags tab, scroll down to the Tags section and click Create New Tag.
- Enter the desired tag name, then click Create. If you want the new tag to be nested under an existing tag (such as a subfolder), check the box next to Nest tag below and select the folder where you want to place the new tag.
How to Apply Labels in Gmail
- In your Gmail desktop inbox, click the boxes next to the emails you want to label and click the label icon on the right side of the top toolbar. In your Gmail inbox on the mobile app, tap the circular sender profile icon on each email you want to label, then tap the three-dot icon and select Label from the pop-up window .
- On desktop and mobile, check the boxes for the labels you want to apply (you can choose more than one). On desktop, click Apply and on mobile, tap the checkmark to apply the labels.
How to apply labels automatically via filtering
- In your Gmail inbox on the desktop, click the Show search options icon, which looks like three dotted lines, on the right side of the search bar.
- Define the filter parameters. You can filter by From, To, Subject, Has the words, Didn’t, Size and Date.
- After defining the criteria, click Create Filter.
- On the next page, check the box next to Apply tag and choose a tag from the drop-down menu.
- Click Create Filter.
Final Words: How to Organize Inbox by Creating Folders and Labels in Gmail
Hope you understand this article How to Keep Inbox Organized by Creating Folders and Labels in Gmail, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.