Microsoft Word is a wonderful feature rich software for all kinds of documentations. From writing and editing books to your college or job, there is hardly any functionality you need that is not present in the software. There is one thing though, it costs a large amount of money. The price for MS Word only is Rs 10,499. This also without other MS Office software. If you need the whole MS Office package, Microsoft asks for an annual subscription which costs Rs 4,899. With that kind of price, most people choose to use Google Docs, which is not as feature rich. but does most of the work, for free. Some people go ahead and use the cracked versions of MS Office applications, but this is not the safest option since software piracy is illegal.
However, if you really like the user-friendliness of MS Word and can’t afford what Microsoft asks, there is a way to use the software for free, and it’s not illegal. The answer lies in Microsoft’s web-based version of Word, which offers most of its basic functionality that users typically need.
With a few simple steps, you can access and use MS Word for free.
1. On your PC, open a web browser and go to office.com.
2. Once the website is open, you will see a red “Login” button on the left side of the main banner. Click on it.
3. Now the Office website will ask for your Microsoft account details. Please enter your login details. Depending on whether you have enabled two-factor authentication, you may be asked to confirm the connection with a verification code.
4. Once you are logged in, the screen will display a large banner welcoming you. Below the banner, you’ll see a list of recently viewed files (if any) from your OneDrive. The left menu will have a list of all Microsoft applications.
5. Click the MS Word W icon. Soon Microsoft Word will open in your browser. You may need to wait a few seconds depending on your internet connection speed. Also, if you need to create a new file, you can click the plus icon above the MS Word icon and select the “Document” option from the menu.
6. Now MS Word will open and you can enjoy it for free.
You might notice that this free, web-based version of Microsoft’s word processor is relatively compact and only has basic functionality. While important features such as page numbers, references, and track changes are available, many other features such as updating references, table of contents are not supported in the web version. Additionally, password protected documents are not fully supported and cannot be edited if they are password protected for editing. You may also think that Google Docs is a more simplistic and user-friendly option, given that it also allows you to work offline in your browser itself, a feature that is not available in the free web version of MS Office. .
Read all the latest news, breaking news and coronavirus news here. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Telegram.