Zhilei Zhang will be aiming for an impressive victory as he looks to reschedule his fight with Filip Hrgovic.
Zhilei Zhang was set for the biggest test of his career on Saturday night as he was set to face Filip Hrgovic in a playoff for Oleksandr Usyk’s IBF title. The contest would have told us a lot about the future prospects of both men, but Hrgovic pulled out of the fight as he mourns the loss of his father.
Stepping in is Scott Alexander. The California heavyweight usually loses when he steps in, but he has a reputation for being a tough operator and he’ll relish the chance to make a big impression on a huge show.
Can the American cause a major upset or will Zhang maintain his momentum?
Zhang vs. Alexander fight date, start time
- Date : Saturday May 7
- Weather : 8 p.m. ET / 1 a.m. BST
- ringwalks (approx): 11 p.m. ET / 3 a.m. BST
The main card is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET / 1 a.m. BST with Zhang vs. Alexander ringwalks scheduled for 11 p.m. ET / 3 a.m. BST. These times may change due to the duration of other fights.
Can I watch Zhang vs. Alexander on DAZN?
The card will stream live on DAZN in over 200 countries around the world (excluding Mexico and Latin America). You can purchase a subscription here. However, if you’re in Argentina, Chile, and Colombia, you need to download the DAZN app from the Apple App Store or Android Google Play Store and then sign up from there, rather than through a web browser.
Fight fans in the United States and Canada can watch the fight on DAZN PPV, more information can be found here.
What devices are supported on DAZN?
DAZN is available on web browsers at DAZN.com (excluding Argentina, Chile and Colombia) and also has apps available for all of the following TV and streaming devices:
|Mobile devices||TV and streaming devices||Game consoles|
|iPhones, iPads||Amazon FireTV||PlayStation 4|
|Android phones, tablets||Amazon Fire TV Stick||playstation5|
|Amazon Fire tablet||Android-TV||XboxOne|
|AppleTV||Xbox X series | S|
|LG Smart TV, Smartcast|
|Panasonic Smart TV|
|Samsung smart TV|
|Sony smart TV|
Where is the Zhang vs. Alexander fight?
The fight takes place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Zhang’s dossier and bio
- Nationality: Chinese
- Date of Birth: May 2, 1983
- Height: 6 feet 6 inches
- Reach: N / A
- Total fights: 24
- Record: 23-0-1 with 18 saves
Alexander’s dossier and bio
- Nationality: American
- Date of Birth: N / A
- Height: 6 feet 3 inches
- Reach: 75 inches
- Total fights: 22
- Record: 16-4-2 with 8 saves
Zhang vs. Alexander fight card
- Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol; For Bivol’s WBA light heavyweight title
- Scott Alexander vs. Zhilei Zhang; Heavy weights
- Montana Love against Gabriel Gollaz Valenzuela; super light
- Shakhram Giyasov versus Christian Gomez; Welterweight
- Joselito Velazquez versus Jose Soto; Flyweight
- Alexis Espino vs. Aaron Silva; Average weight
- Marc Castro against Pedro Vincente Scharbaai; Lightweight
- Elnur Abduraimov versus Manuel Correa; super featherweight
- Fernando Angel Molina versus Ricardo Valdovinos; super light